 Local / Australia / 3427
Re: Yet another TRU heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 02:16:39 GMT

Dave Low wrote in message ...

Almost bought another 8462 Tow Truck, at ~$75 they're an unbelievable
bargain!!! There were a lot of them too, saw an adult walking off with one
but there's still nary a dent in the huge pile. If I can think of a good
project that uses twelve pneumatic pistons then I'll buy three more (if I
can afford it).

Have you seen the two legged piston walker? it's a bonus on the half sized
super car page: http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ab8ten/lego.htm . Go Paul!!

Yeah, maybe.... I seem to recall people also using pneumatic pistons as
shock absorbers. Is this a good use of them?

One that I vaguely recall is Mission Control for $70 - 25% = • $52.50
(or a scintillating 11c a brick). So it's one of those, and a podrace (with
two more podracers next year, I just gotta), and some SW and that Racers • set
and some Duplo train...

Sadly, all the 6456's disappeared really quickly from Melbourne TRU's about
three months ago... otherwise I'd certainly be buying those, one for Ben,
one for Sue Ann, and a fourth for me - uh, oops :-)
As for the podrace sets, gee I don't know... I mean, in the course of the
last year I've bought three of them. Do I really need more green cones and
hinge plates?

--DaveL (on a pre-work mission tomorrow!!)

Strewth Dave, it's 1am!!! Go to bed, already!!!
;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164