 Local / Australia / 3424
Re: Yet another TRU heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:00:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
Dropped by Chadstone TRU this evening and a sign out front proudly declared,
"25% OFF ALL LEGO".

OH YEAH BABY!!!!

(sorry just been sissyfighting -- www.sissyfight.com)

Am I glad I haven't gone too crazy at GB's (hey -5% makes a difference!)

After the excitement wore off I stood in the Lego section for half an hour
agonising about what to buy and how much to spend. Sure enough, my funds
were at an all-time low... d'oh!!!

That's what (wallet shaped) plastic's for!

Almost bought another 8462 Tow Truck, at ~$75 they're an unbelievable
bargain!!! There were a lot of them too, saw an adult walking off with one
but there's still nary a dent in the huge pile. If I can think of a good
project that uses twelve pneumatic pistons then I'll buy three more (if I
can afford it).

Have you seen the two legged piston walker? it's a bonus on the half sized
super car page: http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ab8ten/lego.htm . Go Paul!!

Ended up buying a few packs of 9V track, never seen that on special
anywhere, $20 each seemed about as cheap as it was gunna get.
Would have bought a couple more MTT's as they seemed a good buy at around
$60, but I didn't know how many I already had... I've certainly got as many
battle droids as I'd ever want :-)

So was it 25% off just for today? Two days? A week? Pop down to your local
TRU and find out.... cross your fingers! And if anyone has any ideas on what
sets we should all buy at this discount, let us know!

One that I vaguely recall is Mission Control for $70 - 25% = $52.50
(or a scintillating 11c a brick). So it's one of those, and a podrace (with
two more podracers next year, I just gotta), and some SW and that Racers set
and some Duplo train...

--DaveL (on a pre-work mission tomorrow!!)