 Local / Australia / 3031
Re: Vivat Rex, Studfest, Part the Sixth (next): Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 00:00:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
A chapel, this will act as a sick bay with attendent medics.
A forge, this will act as a repair bay with attendent mechanics.
A barracks, control of this means control of the militia.
A Town Hall, control of this means control of the pesants.
And having just completed a remake of Shangrila into its probable earlier and
considerably more sturdy iteration, in the way of a castley type place for
Richard II etc to hang out, I also offer a building that could happily pass as
an abbey/chapel/hospital.  Its built on an island (well duh, this IS me
talking, after all) but it could easily be an island in a river with a sturdy-
ish connecting bridge.
Its entirely on the one standard (32x32) baseplate, but probably wants water
all around for a total of four standard baseplates.
Government House is entirely happy on two standard baseplates, including an
ample promenade in front.

I've built a forge/smith type thingy (16x32) and some other buildings. I've
assembled a squad of milita and am working on the "finding the King" rules.

The Dracos Templars will be arriving to rescue the King from the Unbelievers,
any comments about the church messing in the affairs of state will be dealt
with using extreme prejudice (and a big sword). I've put together a 300 point
force, It doesn't go very far, 300 pts, but I've got 21 guys, 5 on horses.
They look good though.

I think we might skip the town hall, or perhaps a different function. I'll get
back to everyone on this.

James (who's loving his holidays, mucho lego timeo)