 Local / Australia / 2604
Re: Vivat Rex, Studfest6: Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:31:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:

<<snip most worthy context>>

Some rules.
There will be (up to) four players each fielding 300 points of TL3 (Yes three,
perhaps muskets and cannons will be interesting) army. 1 commander per army
and other troop ratios apply (see rules for details). No magic, no
restrictions on numbers of horses (contra to previous posits).

The gamemaster will have some local militia, pesant farmery types and 5 king-
canditates. To discover which of the king-candiates is the King, you will
require 1 turn of questioning by a hero (or your commander)

You must delare to the gamemaster (me or someone else if they want the job)
your political affiliation before battle commences. If you are a Monarchist
you can score 75 points by taking the King off the field of play. If you are a
Republican you can't score this bonus, you can however kill the King (very
handy if someone else is about to snatch him.) You cannot change your
affiliation partway through the game.

My voice rings out for the monarchy (in stark contrast to my personal
political affiliations - its just that red coats look so much more stylish
than republicans in TL3, don't you think? ;-)

Tiberius Flint and some other appropriately local-when dude (republicans at
heart) have determined that the best way forward is through and with the
monarchy, and know that the death of the boy will lead only to untold chaos,
and perhaps even a new Dark Age, to the advantage only of arms dealers and the
Holy Roman Empire.

There will be four special locations.
A chapel, this will act as a sick bay with attendent medics.
A forge, this will act as a repair bay with attendent mechanics.
A barracks, control of this means control of the militia.
A Town Hall, control of this means control of the pesants.

The game ends when
Someone takes the king out of the playing area (75pts)
Someone becomes the last player alive (50 pts)
Someone controls all four special locations (10pts each at end of game)
12 turns have elapsed

The points scored may or may not be carried over to the next game, depending
on how this all goes.

{if we can agree, each player will build one of these locations to bring along
with some houses/village scenery}

I offer to build the Town Hall or the Barracks, having in mind to bring along
Government House from Port Block

Standard disclamer: feel free to change the bits that look messy, nod head
vaguely or send me lego bricks.

Consider me to be nodding vigourously :-)

I would be more than happy for James to be Gamemaster (provided you want to
James) - after all, to my mind James has distunguished himself on prior
occaisions.  And I could use his advice on costing my army, and I wouldn't be
too sure about revealing such sensitive intel to a republican :-)

And did we work out how I attach bayonets to my muskets, or did we agree that
bayonets are *part* of muskets?

Richard
Still baldly going...