 Local / Australia / 2608
Re: Vivat Rex, Studfest6: Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:40:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
You must delare to the gamemaster your political affiliation before battle
commences. If you are a Monarchist,75 points for taking the King off the
field of play. If you are a Republican you can kill the King.
My voice rings out for the monarchy (in stark contrast to my personal
political affiliations - its just that red coats look so much more stylish
than republicans in TL3, don't you think? ;-)
Tiberius Flint and some other appropriately local-when dude (republicans at
heart) have determined that the best way forward is through and with the
monarchy, and know that the death of the boy will lead only to untold chaos,
and perhaps even a new Dark Age, to the advantage only of arms dealers and the
Holy Roman Empire.

Besides which if you've "rescued" him from "the clutches of the evil schemers"
that also turned up to "imprison or kill" him, I'm sure he'll be very
grateful, and quite willingly follow any "suggestions" you might give.

There will be four special locations.
A chapel, this will act as a sick bay with attendent medics.
A forge, this will act as a repair bay with attendent mechanics.
A barracks, control of this means control of the militia.
A Town Hall, control of this means control of the pesants.
{if we can agree, each player will build one of these locations to bring
along with some houses/village scenery}
I offer to build the Town Hall or the Barracks, having in mind to bring along
Government House from Port Block

It'd make a splendiferous barracks. It sets the standard for the other
locations though. White and yellow are nice common colours too so we might
even get some colour schemeing going.

Standard disclamer: feel free to change the bits that look messy, nod head
vaguely or send me lego bricks.
Consider me to be nodding vigourously :-)

Drat, I was hoping for the send me lego :)

I would be more than happy for James to be Gamemaster (provided you want to
James) - after all, to my mind James has distunguished himself on prior
occaisions.  And I could use his advice on costing my army, and I wouldn't be
too sure about revealing such sensitive intel to a republican :-)

I'm happy to do it (referee that is). The helping will happen too. I'll set up
the blank excel sheet I had last game again and put it on my site along with
some notes about how one might go about accounting.
As a rough guide you'll be getting somewhere around 30 men or if they're on
horses 20 (a fully equiped footman is about 10pts, horseman 15) for your
300pts. Cannon are 10 points, cannonballs are 2pts each.

The best way is probably to get together what feels like the right amount of
stuff, then tally it up, then add/remove elements to balance the books.

And did we work out how I attach bayonets to my muskets, or did we agree that
bayonets are *part* of muskets?

The neatest solution will be to just declare that the bayonets are already
part of the musket (add 1 to their cost). However the armoury will continue to
work on other solutions as soon as I'm in the same location as my lego (3-4
weeks :( :( :( )

James (who can feel a mini dark age coming on, good sets next year please!)