 Local / Australia / 2848
Re: building castles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 06:30:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Lately I have been feeling the urge to build castles. In my opinion, the
world's most perfect castle is the Chateau de Chillon:

http://www.chillon.ch/

Thanks for the link to this beautiful little castle.

What kind of sets should I look at getting to obtain the right kinds of
building materials for my castle? I have looked at some of the castle-themed
sets on-line but am wondering if perhaps they are not really all that
suitable for a more realistic-looking castle.

Depending on how you see the colours the walls are going to be grey (using
lots of starwars, current castle) tan (using Egypt adventurers, some SW stuff)
or white (Big Spaceport sets on special, basic sets). The roof choices are Red
(Dacta roof pack!!<set:9265>) Black or grey (as long as you walls aren't grey).
Unfortunatly there aren't a lot of sets around that suggest themselves to
brick collecting.
The castle sets (ugly as they are) offer a lot of brick saving "short cuts"
Lego has gone a bit far with them but BURPs CRAPPs and POOPs have their uses
enabling big buildings to be built with fewer bricks. <set:6094> Guarded
treasury when found for less that $20 is good value.

Oh. The new adventurers are pretty good too. Natural colours, some foliage and
you could probably trade the dinos away if you didn't want 'em.

Thems my thoughs, hope this helps.

James (who now has no lego in his room >:( stupid olympics...)