 Local / Australia / 271
270  |  272
Subject:
The nature of buerocracy (was:Re: Up-coming Lego events.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
One wonders quietly to oneself (and lets face it, to you gentle reader) why
some bright spark at LA doesn't post the key details here themselves,
actually.  Because because because then we might have an email address for
LA, and this might be a bad thing.  Ah ha, I hear you say, but isn't that
what hotmail was invented for.......

I did give Dominic (and hence indirectly LEGO AUSTRALIA) the URL for this NG,
perhaps they're out there watching us... ahem. But seriously with TLC's push
to be more techno wiz-bang they're going to need all the techheads they can
lay their hands on, or am I falling prey to the assumption that one needs to
understand and enjoy a product in order to sell it effectively?

Personally I'm encouraged that I did get info emailed to me (from a corprate
address no less). Anyone speaking to LA should consider mentioning LUGNET and
then whilst LA workers are gathered around the watercooler (or playtable or
whatever) and compairing notes they might (I said _might_) realise there is a
vibrant growing online community that craves information, wants to be involved
in dialog and generally loves their product.

James (doing his best to genreate more posts than Canada)