 Local / Australia / 2498
Re: Governor's Ship - what is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 07:48:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
The governor [Governor Broadside] was the officer in charge of the Blue
Soldiers in the original Pirates. his replacement was an Admiral [I can't
remember his name off-hand] who commanded the red Marines/Navy. So the set
should be 6274.

The only two ships with soldier crews (not pirate) were 6271 Imperial Flagship
(Red) and 6274 Caribbean Clipper (Blue).  My guess would be 6271, but why not
just ring the seller up and ask!  In good nick, $A50 would be pretty good.

I am not an Australian names genius - one of them was certainly called the Sea
Hawk per James Howse, I think he meant the Caribbean Clipper.  I don't think
either would have been called Governor's Ship, since that seems to suggest a
most appalling lack of imagination, no?

The problem with Lugnet is it's all Americanised...all set
names are the American version, instead of having all known official set
names.

I don't know if this is actually a problem with Lugnet.  Its an American
site.  It should have the American names, and maybe a smattering of others.

And besides.  Personally, as soon as I get a ship it gets a Port Block refit,
a lick of paint, and a new name.  Who cares what TLG called it when and where
they sold it?

BTW, I find the Fibblesnork guide, available from Lugnet's homepage,
invaluable for checking up on Pirate sets.....

Richard
Still baldly going...