 Local / Australia / 2496
RE: Governor's Ship - what is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 06:47:49 GMT

The governor [Governor Broadside] was the officer in charge of the Blue
Soldiers in the original Pirates. his replacement was an Admiral [I can't
remember his name off-hand] who commanded the red Marines/Navy. So the set
should be 6274. The problem with Lugnet is it's all Americanised...ALL set
names are the AMERICAN version, instead of having all known official set
names.

I'm planning on compiling a list of all Australian set names [or at least
all i can find] and posting it in the hope that Todd will add these to the
sets descriptions/searches. [Although i'm sure that it's unlikely to happen
:( ]

If you've gotten a 1989/1990/1991/1992(?) Australian catalogue, you'll see
the sets name is something like: Governor Broadsides' ship "the Sea Hawk" [I
think that was the ships name.]

Hope this is of some use. [And remember...I'm working from my memory, which
isn't always 100% accurate. Although the bit about the Admiral and Governor
is correct, I'm not 100% sure about the ships name. I'll update this
tonight.]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)