 Local / Australia / 2334
Re: Another Football Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:55:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Decided to go check on those 3405 and 3406 buses.

3405 does come with the two sticker sheets (see my other post). However this
has got four different European teams AND there is a set of the flag stickers
that has a green background (ie meant for the goalie). This is something that
3404 didn't have.

3406 again has the two sheets. This time ther are the French and Italian • Teams,
and Also (!) the Japanese and Korean teams. This sheet doesn't however have • the
green backgrounds for goalie flags.

3407 again has two sheets, for European teams again I think. So NO American
teams..interesting. This one has the green flags for goalies.

Any ideas on where the American teams are?

My experience has been that the stickers you get with a given bus seem to vary
by various factors which I haven't sussed. Even the boxes get stickers on the
top of them to nationalize them (both italy and switzerland got the 3406 "red
bus" with the same set of red based *5* (not 4 like you got, IIRC) country
stickers on the inside, but with different nationalization stickers on the
outside of the box in the lower right corner... while germany got the black
bus, and thus different country stickers... (I bought some of each while I was
there earlier this month) )

Here in the US we can buy all 4 different buses from S@H and I have some
coming, but the bus that you get with the soccer ball promo in stores seems to
have less stickers in it than one would expect, only 3 countries I think.

I have an interest in this as prior to all this bus confusion I was "soccer
complete" with at least one example of every soccer thing (every country
player, in fact) produced both during the Shell promo run and the 2000 sets...
but now I'm not sure I am if I have to go crazy getting variant buses just to
get variant stickers. Heck, the buses are mostly good for me as a source of
train windows (sans the right glass, I know) anyway. Depending on exactly what
I put into production I will be getting several dozen buses and probably will
have stickers to give away.

++Lar