 Local / Australia / 2327
Re: Train wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:11:31 GMT

9V Wheels also offer less resistance than the 12V wheels. Don't bother going to
Lego Aus asking them for these, none in stock. They don't have anything, not
even the 9v electrical connectors.

Speaking to customer service today, Denmark does not consider Asia to be a
target for trains hence the poor range of items we receive here. If you can't
find any of the train items in any of the stores (TRU and Grace Bros are the
only stores I've seen with train items) they can be ordered through Lego Aus.

The customer hotline is 1800 683 100 (this is for New Zealand too).
Expect some changes soon with the arrival of another Lego Authority in Aus
around Septemberish, READ: Lego Direct.

Santosh
LegOz.5 this coming weekend!

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Well, I may have some spares in the 4.5/12V type. [Red wheels, on a black
brick]

[The difference is that the 4.5/12 were on a 2x4 brick, whereas the 9V come
on a 3x4(6?) attatchment [not really a brick] with the suspension/connection
moulding of the attatchment outside the wheel itself.] If you look at the
wheels on a 7xxx series train, and compare it with a 4xxx, you'll easily be
able to see the difference.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)