 Local / Australia / 2330
Re: Train wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:33:14 GMT

"Whytcross, Benjamin" wrote:

Well, I may have some spares in the 4.5/12V type. [Red wheels, on a black
brick]

Thanks for the offer bt I'm not enough into trains to go through any
difficulties in building them (translation: I'm lazy).

[The difference is that the 4.5/12 were on a 2x4 brick, whereas the 9V come
on a 3x4(6?) attatchment [not really a brick] with the suspension/connection
moulding of the attatchment outside the wheel itself.] If you look at the
wheels on a 7xxx series train, and compare it with a 4xxx, you'll easily be
able to see the difference.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers

Tim (whose English is very stilted due to a failing attempt to write a PhD
research proposal)