 Local / Australia / 2133
Re: Lego Clubs in Australia/New Zealand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:40:05 GMT

Jamie,

Though there is nothing official between LA and any clubs yet, there has been
considerable talk on here about various club fromations.

To date the suggestions are for the following:

LegOz - a national club - though this is still in the working
Studs - a Sydney Region
(MUGS?) - a Melbourne Region

The Sydney group has already had three meetings and another to be held in
August sometime. The Melbourne group are having their first event this weekend.

The studs website is available on http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/stud

Once things get a little more formlised then a process of writing to Lego
Australia will be undertaken. I'm the one looking after this. The approach I
wanted to take was to intially just inform them of whats going on, and then
after establishing contact and gauging their reaction to then hit them with our
complaints/suggestions etc.

Of course don't let this stop you forming a club, or writing to them. As we all
have the same purpose of making Lego more Australian friendly. :)

Cheers
Santosh

In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi, is there any lists anywhere for the Lego Clubs around Oz and Newz?
Toying with starting up a small group in Bundy, BundaLungA, have 2.5
members (me + 3 Closeted AFOLS), and don't have a clue where to start.
Thought about contacting LA, but i'd rather visit the dentist ATM.

Hopefully i can get my Web site up in a few days, Uni can goto (Gung
Ubg Cynpr!!!) and get through some of my Lego Paperwork!

Jamie Obrien
jamien@interworx.com.au
<Jamie needs some major cheering up, Jamie wants to go Jumping 8-)