 Local / Australia / 1936
Re: Did I just see an 7191 Ultimate Collector Series X-Wing here in Brisbane?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:38:57 GMT

I've seen that model and I am all but positive it is NOT the UCS X-wing. • I
could be wrong but it looks nothing like the pictures floating 'round.
Incidentally Kerry, did you notice how DJ's actually passed on the GST • savings.
Good for them as Myer passed on significantly less (from memory anyway).

Well, to be honest, the prices charged at Queen St DJs are so high that I
don't buy from there anyway. I can't recall the old prices to be able to
calculate the extent of GST savings, but DJs still seemed to be very
expensive. For example, I saw both the 5561 Big Foot and the 7161 Gungan Sub
at over $100 each! At that price, who cares if they passed on their GST
savings or not!

Anyhow, the staff member I spoke to at DJs offered to follow up on my
enquiry as to whether it was the UCS X-Wing and if/when the UCS X-Wing would
be available in Brisbane. The answer (received as a phone message) was:

"David Jones Toy department called ... They have contacted Lego. The lines
you are enquiring about, Lego has not heard of and may not be available in
Australia."

so it's good to know that Lego Australia (or their representative) doesn't
even know what a UCS X-Wing is! By then, when I asked earlier this year
about availability of the Millenium Falcon, I got back the answer "that
model was probably discontinued some years ago". So, I think we can safely
say that my enquiries are being answered by someone who does nothing more
than look in the current catalogue! As others have mentioned, it would be
nice if Lego Australia actually knew something about Lego!

Kerry