 Local / Australia / 1921
1920  |  1922
Subject:
Did I just see an 7191 Ultimate Collector Series X-Wing here in Brisbane?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 00:42:19 GMT

I dragged my NLS around Queen Street, Brisbane on Sunday in pursuit of Lego.

Generally, there is nothing much to report. The Toyworld on Queen Street
(not the one in the Myer Centre) has come good on its promise to
significantly increase its Lego stocks, and had more than the one in the
Myer Centre (which seems to have reduced its Lego area). However, both had
the same specials which have been widely reported (Sith Infiltrator and a
couple of large Adventurer sets). The Queen St Toyworld has Mindstorms
(v1.5) and the Robotics Development System (the Scout) on shelf, which is
the first time that I have seen any Toyworld with the robotics stuff. I saw
the soccer sets in DJs (first time I'd seen them).

However, what really caught my eye was a large display model of a white
X-Wing covered by a perspex dome in DJs. The X-Wing  was pretty big, at
least 60cms in all three dimensions. Apart from a Lego logo, there was no
further information. I asked the staff member but he knew the Lego rep had
brought it in last week and thought it was touring the stores but knew
nothing more.

If it is a standard Lego set, it must be the 7191 Ultimate Collector X-Wing;
nothing else could be big enough. But, having looked at the photo on LUGnet,
I'm not 100% certain. The shape is very similar but the LUGnet photo does
not look all white, and (apart from a tiny number of grey and black pieces),
the set I saw was all white. It also had a silver half-golf-ball on top of
it.

Can anyone confirm or deny that what I've seen is an 7191 UCS X-Wing?

--
Kerry Raymond
kerry@dstc.edu.au