 Local / Australia / 1790
Re: Soccer tournament rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 14:25:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Some of the issues for the soccer tournament at LegOz 2000.5 in August.
General

Each game shall require three people,
   one captain for each team, and one referee

Have you found it necessary to include a ref?

Setting up the field

Any field to be used must have
two halves which are either
   mirror reflections of each other across the halfway line, or
   reflections of each other about the centre point of the field.

To be picky you might mean rotations about the centre point.

If either captain brings an eleven a side field to the game, use it.
If both captains bring an eleven a side field, a coin shall be tossed.
If there is no eleven a side field, run the previous two steps for 10, 9 etc

Does the game work if there are unoccupied PUBs(1)? When the ball finds one of
those, the person who didn't kick gets to move a player to an adjacent PUB
an then the other person moves etc, until someone moves onto the ball's PUB so
they then get to kick it, play continues as normal?

Setting up the players on the field
The captain whose field it is not shall be the first captain.
The first captain shall place his first player where he will.

This may be slightly unfair since I'd like to play but I won't be buying until
after Aug (if at all). I.e. my team will always be playing away games...

Play

I take it minfig weapons are banned, or at least asked to wait for brickwars.

Or not, obviously
Richard
Still baldly going...

James (who is yet to see a soccer field on shelves, yes I have looked...)

(1) PUB = Pitch Unit Brick, or place to buy rum, see in context.