 Local / Australia / 176
175  |  177
Subject:
Bargain Alert (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:18:43 GMT

Well, I can't confirm that this is a nationwide thing but here in Melbourne
we see a glut of the Model Team set 5561 reach a new low price of $59 at
KMart! Trying not to sound like an advertisement here, but I don't remember
ever seeing such a bargain on a price-per-part basis - the usual seems to be
20-30 cents per part but this is a staggering 8 cents!!!  Last time they had
20% off Lego they didn't mark it back up (like Target seems to do), so let's
hope they don't mark it up on the next 20% off sale either!

Anyway, that's enough free advertising from me.... I'd be interested to know
if KMarts in NSW and Qld stock much of this set and at what price. Here in
Vic most KMarts have a lot of this set. I've bought a lot of them, I reckon
the set's got a lot of good parts (well it IS Model Team) - I hope ya like
balloon tyres though - now I've got 20 of the buggers. Maybe I'll bring it
up to an even 40 ;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164