 Local / Australia / 143
Re: Introductions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:49:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Timothy Gould writes:

Hi all

I'm just introducing myself to the group (after posting a few messages
already but I had no time for introductions then).  My name is Tim Gould
and I'm a 22 year old Lego enthusiast from Brisbane.

Welcome, Im not sure If we have any others from Brisbane here. Please speak up
if you are!

No Dark Ages,
although I didn't buy more than one or two sets a year between 1993 and
1998.  Predominate interest presently in Star Wars Lego, not through any
love of Star Wars but because I feel they're the only true Lego System
sets around at the moment (very few BURPS and good design).

Yes im in the same boat too, (22 too, and no real dark ages) though
considering what we have available on the shelves now, it might be a good time
to enter a dark age.

My Interests are train and town, though some of the other themes such as
castle, western (basically any of the SYSTEM) themes are neat too. I did miss
out on the the best train of the past deacade, The Metroliner.

As for the BURPS. I have nothing against them. Im sure that the day that i
build my 2m high lego mountain for the train to climb up, the BURPs will come
in handy.<note sarcasm>

Sorry if this is not meant to be here but I have little experience in
News Groups (other than reading).

This is exactly the spot for the introduction. Feel free to post anything
(within the terms and conditions of course). I feel that Lugnet is by far the
easiest discussion forum to use, whethere as a web interface or using
newsreaders. To be honest its a Pity Lego themselves don't recognise it more
themselves.

Anyhoo, welcome, and keep postin'

Santosh