 Local / Australia / 1408
Re: Aus 2000.2 catalogue text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:24:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Text from 2000.2 catalogue [as promised previously]
snippage

I'm pretty sure this is an international catalogue, for all the nations of the
Lego periphery. Most of it sounds like polished up Babelfishese, or the kind
of dreck that blurbs onto book covers.

Some examples:

... But T-Rex doesn't know friend from enemy. He just fights back. Again and
again.

Standard English: "But T-Rex doesn't know who his friends are. He'll fight
anyone. And he won't stop."

Action toys for small action boys

Boys of 4 years are a lovely mix. They are still little boys but also old
enough to demand more action out of life. Here you can see how your son can
play out his action fantasies. Again and again.

This is LOL material.

1. What is a "small action boy"?

2. Four year old boys are many things; fun, creative, selfish, messy, and loud
come to mind. I may be alone on this, but while the mix might be amazing, it
isn't lovely.

3. "Action fantasies" may be a good psycho-jargon phrase for what Rachel is
talking about in http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=1376 (cool description BTW),
but in my sick little mind it's got more to do with 14 year old boys than 4
year olds.

--Dave

PS If you haven't guessed, I'm in this kind of smart-[aleck] Lego-mood "if you
can't pitch your advertising and pricing right, you won't sell anything."
Thank goodness for the Soccer sets!!