 Local / Australia / 1407
Re: Is your Lego insured?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:32:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Just curious but has anyone had their lego valued and insured as part of their
home and contents insurance? or insured seperately?

My Lego is included in the household contents insurance total, not
as a separate collection though.  I believe that generally to get
"valuable collection" insurance you have to have a collection that
the insurer believes is intrinsically valuable, such as coins, jewellery
or stamps.  Lego, apparently, doesn't count :)

How is you lego collection valued in a dollars term?

I've used the RRP at time of purchase and have a complete inventory and
receipts to prove it (I've written on receipts of discounted items
what the normal price was and the basis of the discount).  I also keep
at least the front and bottom flap of every box and the price sticker
thereon (where there is one).

This of course does not address the issue of actually not being able
to replace most of it if anything bad does happen!

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com