 Local / Australia / 13951
13950  |  13952
Subject:
Brisbane CBD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:33:02 GMT

I had a quick foray through a few CBD stores today to check out their Lego
collection.

Target: very disappointing selection, seemed to carry only a limited set of
themes.

Myer: had sets across a wide range of themes. A good place to pick up the
4886 Building Bonanza (was it exclusive to Myer? I never see it elsewhere).

Toyworld (Queen Street): Very good selection, both in terms of theme
coverage and range within themes. The best of the 3.

Given that Toyworld is the best range of Lego at my local shopping centre at
Indooroopilly, they are getting my vote. I didn't buy anything for myself,
but did pick up some nice Duplo items for my niece and nephew.

Actually, I am in the process of building the Death Star at the moment.
Given I have a large parts collection, I decided instead of buying the set
(A$500+), I'd buy the instructions and some parts off bricklink and see if I
could do it for a lot less -- admittedly I am not worrying too much about
exactly matching colours (especially the old/new greys). I figure so long as
the end effect is suitably Death-Star-ish, I'll be happy. I'm not quite half
way yet, mainly because I've been busy for a few weekends in a row.

Kerry