 Local / Australia / 13661
Re: AusFest 2006 - thanks Ross, appreciate your effort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 01:10:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford wrote:

http://www.brickventures.org/brickvention.htm

Thanks Ross.

I appreciate that organising this is a huge effort, with so many incertainties,
plenty of risks, and with not much in it for you personally that you wouldn't
get by just turning up to someone else's fest.

The complaining and demanding of folks not doing anything but turning up is one
of the things that drives me away from organising these sorts of things, so I
have nothing but admiration for your worthy effort, whether or not it comes off.

I'd be happy to kick in some cash (ie just give it to you personally) if that
would be helpful.  If I get paid back out of the event, I'd treat that as a
bonus :-)  It just seems unfair for you to be taking all the risk.

Email me if you think there is anything else I can do behind the scenes to help
out...

But remember that the point is for you to enjoy yourself too, and if its not
fun, don't do it ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...