 Local / Australia / 13547
Re: LLCA on the Great Outdoors last night
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:36:36 GMT

"Kerry Raymond" <kraymond@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
"Steve Dunn" <s%te#ven.j&.du?nn*@te%am#.t&els*tr$a.c?om> wrote in message
Yeah, but they highlighted one problem about Lego Land CA which i know • LL
Billund doesn't have.
The nearest hotel is 10 minutes away. Thats too far!

Steve

Yes, but you can bet your boots that the hotels in the area offer a • shuttle
service or some kind of door-to-door service. Nobody walks in America :-)

Seriously, I was staying in a motel in Anaheim, and I could get a
door-to-door arrangement to Legoland California even though it was • probably
an hour away. I'd actually done my homework on getting there by public
transport (2 trains and a bus as I recall) but when I found I could get a
door-to-door service (including admission) for only a couple of dollars • more
than the regular admission price, it seemed rather pointless messing about
with public transport.

We PT'd it up from San Diego which was a bit time consuming  - being a tram
ride, train ride and a bus ride from where we were staying - but it was a
great way to recover from, and take stock of, our trip up until that point
in time.  If I was to do it again I'd probably do the Anaheim option just so
I could be close to Disneyland as well :)

cheers

SAB