 Local / Australia / 13412
Re: Mid Year Toy Sales.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:00:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Brad Linsley wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby wrote:
   P.S. Look on the bright side - no need to fight the madding crowds on Thursday!! Christmas toy sales are best avoided if at all possible - at least on the first day :)

Deidre

I have only found crowds at Target and it’s literally wall to wall people (same as the warehouse sale for those that went). It’s not easy pushing a trolley that’s stacked 2-3 feet above the top while everyone you pass asks ‘why are you buying so many ?’ and trying to avoid staff that say ‘you can only buy 5’.

At 2003’s sale, you had to stalk people in the car park for their trolley. Serves me right for sleeping in 30 minutes.

I will get my hands on a BigW catalog tomorrow, so Thursday might still be a rush to visit the 4 local stores.

-Brad

not to prevent you from spending your money here, but I have to say this because it’s posts like the above that make me sick quite frankly. I’m 17. I have very little income, and if I see something like this, I will want to buy 1 of each, truck and car. when people (I’m not going to say like you, because there are hundreds of people here on lugnet who do the same thing, and I’m not about to prevent them enjoying their wealth) buy out all of a sale or clearance item, it really annoys people like me, as we can’t get something we would enjoy! WHAT DO YOU FREAKIN’ NEED 17 RED TRUCKS FOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thank you for listening to my rant, I just hate seeing specials go out the window because of greedy people. (the same applied to the star destroyer at DJ’s last year.)

-Matt, very irritated, Jeffery

Ok, now I feel really bad replying to my own post... I was in a very bad mood just before, and you guys are having fun. don’t let my bad mood spoil your LEGO fun :). What I said does stand, however. if you, as AFOLS, buy all the cheap LEGO sets that are worth anything, then people can’t buy decent sets for their kids and so an entire generation misses out due to the selfishness of some. ok, granted, if you have $750 to spend on lego (just for trucks mind you, I’m not counting the car in that.) then you should damn well enjoy it! just... be a little more reasonable with the amounts you take, eh? I like LEGO too!!! ;)

-Matt