 Local / Australia / 12241
Re: What's up with Ozbricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford wrote:

   The ozbricks.net hosted sites went kaboom. If you’re lucky enough to have got a ozbricks.com hosted site, it survived. I’m not sure whether Michael is taking on any more hosting, but you could email him and ask.

I did have one. I sent an email requesting confirmation of which email address I used for logging in and FTPing as I hadn’t updated in a while and all my attempts at recalling the details were forgotten. I didn’t get a response, but just after that my site vanished. It was no big deal, free hosting and all that, but I’m intrigued by the fact that at least one site survived. Are there others?

   He has decided to only sell to previous customers - again, if you have been a previous customer, email Michael & he will give you a password. No word on whether it is temporary or permanent.

I’m not a previous customer, and with a ‘marketing strategy’ like that I’m unlikely to be one in the future. As for emailing, what’s the address? Even the ‘contact us’ page is veiled in secrecy and available only to those with a password.

Allister