 Local / Australia / 12173
12172  |  12174
Subject:
Queen's birthday weekend Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 13:05:51 GMT

As we get closer to the Queen's Birthday weekend Brikwars (with a MUGS type
meeting attatched for those who don't want to participate in Brikwars.) it seems
a good time to work out what sort of forces, etc. will be participating.

Therefore, as the local, impartial overseer, I would like to ask potential
combatants to answer the following (preferably by the 30/5/04, but I SHOULD be
able to squeeze extra forces in later if required...you may need to negotiate
with your allies for how many points you will have to use though.):

Force name:
Commander's name:
Maximum force size (up to 1000 points)[1]:
Effective minimum force size[1]:
scenery able to be provided[2]:
Base[3]:

Important information about the rules, etc. can be found at:
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=12081

The scenario information will be provided to each combatant individually with a
general overview as to what their goal will involve. It may also require a reply
regarding your force/what you are bringing. This should arrive by 2/6/04.

Then, on 9/6/04 a more specific overview will arrive, along with some
"transmission intercepts"....

In addition, a general scenario overview will be provided on LUGNET on 2/6/04

It would also be requested that after the battle, each force posts something
along the lines of an "official write-up" from the commander regarding the
battle, their objectives, and the outcome.

Feel free to email me any questions. (including requests for soldiers, weapons,
or vehicles for your own force to use if you need them.)

Benjamin Whytcross
(Who has a rough idea of the scenario, but needs force sizes, etc. to get it
fleshed (ABS-ed?) out.)

[1] The force will almost certainly never reach this mark, but it's nice to know
what to expect from smaller forces...and these will help balance alliances.

[2] The more the better, but just an overview of the size of baseplates with
scenery you can provide.

[3] If your force will be working from a base/LZ, will you be providing it, want
something provided, or not need one...Bases are entirely optional, but can
provide a nice defensive position if required.