 Local / Australia / 12116
Re: SYDNEY MEET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 23:55:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall wrote:
Hiya everyone....
Just wondering if we can organise a get together in sydney soon? Nothing
big.. just so I can catch up with people, Maybe even just a lunch in the
City or something?
Anyway... its good to be back... and have been busy building... almost
finished a nice big Tower Castle... i will post pix soon.
Kev..: )

I'd be interested in that. Good to hear you're back and building. I don't
think I've posted a hi yet. Lunch in city? Next Thursday? (the 20th?, 27th?)
Or perhaps a Sunday? (23rd?)

Any of the above.

James (who wonders if Australians are as annoyed about the colour thing)

It would be typical of Lego's disregard for Australian fans if they neglected
to incite the same sense of betrayal, disregard and conspiracy in Australia
as they have in North America and Europe.

Isn't it though?  It seems to me that Lego can produce whatever it likes, and
I'll either buy it or not.  These extra colours just seem like more flexibility
to detail models.  And I do believe that Lego would not have tooled up for the
change had there not been some business sense behind it.

So no sense of betrayal, disregard or conspiracy at all.  Yet again Lego leaves
Australia out of is mainstream activities.  In a global world, you'd think that
they'd do better...

And I'd love to catch up.

I saw the new Harry Potter sets at Myers yesterday, and as not a HP fan, I have
to say they were impressive looking sets.

Richard
Still baldly going...