 Local / Australia / 12090
Re: Train Show 2004 Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 23:58:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:
   A big Hi to All

Well the show is over for another year and I am going to take a little time to mention about it and thank a few people. The pictures are still being (uploaded / downloaded whichever) but will be along soon.

The crowds and other exibitors were fantastic again this year and I think there were more kids in front than last year. They even carry their own (stool or chair) to look over the barrier rail this year (just goes to show how clever the kids are these days. We will have to keep this in mind next year for little fingers getting too close to the trains:)

The other regular exibitors treat us like part of the family now and come over to see what new ideas we have added this year. Gary’s “Fair Ground” being run by mindstorms was the attraction of the show I reckon by the amount of people who stopped and looked at it. I even heard a comment 2 rows away (while I was getting a cup of tea) from 2 male exibitors saying “you got to go and have a look at the Show ground on the Lego table”.

-snip-

Congratulations on another successful show!

The pics posted so far look great (and I found some more here and here by following links from aus.rail.models).

The fairground looks good (fingers crossed someone got a video of it), and the looong string of yellow and red hoppers looks particularly impressive.

Richie Dulin