 Local / Australia / 12254
Re: Train Show 2004 Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 09:39:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jeff Tendero wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:

Hi Richie and Peter et al,

this is my first post on Lugnet - hope it gets through ok and sorry for the delay on this thread - took a while to setup my address and then get a chance to get back to you. I have been lurking around these posts for the last few years since getting back into Lego (trains) about 3 years ago.
At least you got back to us mate well done

   I took some video of the display - it is about 2 minutes worth all up once I edited it together, and given how crowded it was with all the people a little limited in the angles I was able to get, but there are a few seconds of the fairground amongst other things. In DVD resolution it is about 80 Mb and looks pretty good on a decent TV, though I did manage to render a version down to about 1.5 mb (small display but enough to get an idea of the final) which I am happy to email directly to one of you if you want it. Else I work in the Brisbane CBD and live in the “hills” in the north west so am happy to arrange a copy on CD / DVD if someone wants to meet for lunch or somewhere near home - send me an email direct to arrange.
Mate you let me know a time and date and I would love to lunch with ya I reckon I could get a few of BLTG to come along as well just drop me an Email to the listed address.

   Thanks again for the show - a great display and always inspiring for my own little train set. I always think it is the highlight of the show, but then I am biased. I wanted to try and join in at least with a contribution somewhere this year but my wife and I had a baby girl the weekend earlier - just not good timing for things lego. Same with the breath some life competition - maybe next time, though I appreciate the effort that has gone into making it happen, even if I didn’t get to put something in.

Jeff always a pleasure to please the public and hear good coments about it. Thanks for the comments and effort in filming it.

All the Best Peter Parsons 348 BLTG