 Local / Australia / 12086
12085  |  12087
Subject:
Train Show 2004 Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 12:42:56 GMT

A big Hi to All

Well the show is over for another year and I am going to take a little time to
mention about it and thank a few people.
The pictures are still being (uploaded / downloaded whichever) but will be along
soon.

The crowds and other exibitors were fantastic again this year and I think there
were more kids in front than last year. They even carry their own (stool or
chair) to look over the barrier rail this year (just goes to show how clever the
kids are these days. We will have to keep this in mind next year for little
fingers getting too close to the trains:)

The other regular exibitors treat us like part of the family now and come over
to see what new ideas we have added this year. Gary's "Fair Ground" being run by
mindstorms was the attraction of the show I reckon by the amount of people who
stopped and looked at it. I even heard a comment 2 rows away (while I was
getting a cup of tea) from 2 male exibitors saying "you got to go and have a
look at the Show ground on the Lego table".

We had everything on this table, a river with 2 bridges and police and fire
attending a smash in the river (All with flashing lights).
A Station where the train stopped and let passengers out automatically.
A Grain silo that loaded and moved the train back on its own. and many more as
the pictures will show when Aaron uploads.

Now the thanks. I would personally like to thank all the guys from BLTG for
their tireless effort put in to make this year a success. I know it was not an
easy year but we overcome all the obstacles and made it.
To all the non BLTG members who helped with structures and help many thanks.
Individually I would like to thank Gary for the patience he has shown to get
this project through.
Ken who can always be relied on to help with anything.
Aaron for travelling all that distance to be there and help.
Mark your effort is appreciated by me also.
Kerry thanks for comming on Saturday to stand out front it saved me from talking
to all those kids and parents.

Well thats all from me keep an eye out for the pics which won't be long if I
know Aaron all (300 odd) of them.

So keep a watch for our train show you never know when we may be at a venue near
you.

Many Thanks to All
Regards
Peter Parsons