 Local / Australia / 11912
Re: TALC logo (Trains of Australia Lego Club)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:54:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, John Neal wrote:
   Hello Ross and Peter- Peter, are you referring to this logo? (which I just re-uploaded) If so, you are free to use it for an LTC logo; LMK and I can provide you >with vector artwork for it.

   In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:
   Hi All Could any one please shed some light on the subject of the TALC Logo. I found it about 12 months ago and have never seen anything since. Is there a group using this name and logo? Where are they ?

   Hi Peter, There was some talk of an Australia-wide train club quite a while ago, but nothing really came of it. Look here: http://news.lugnet.com/org/au/?q=talc+train

The TALC logo was discussed briefly here http://news.lugnet.com/org/au/?n=1645 but it looks like John has removed it from his Brickshelf site

The logo is similar to National Rails new(ish) one. As Ross said, there isn’t a club. TALC was supposed to be a meta-group of Australian Lego groups because it was assumed (when the discussion was happening) that to do a large (read half American scale) show display would involve trainheads from all over the joint. Since then Brisbane and Melbourne have got going, and are using local club names, which is fine. Unfortunatly there’s very few commited train people in Sydney.

James (who needs to think about getting more trains.)