 Local / Australia / 11527
  MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

Xavier Industries in association with Overlord Enterprises and K.J. Row-ling are proud to announce the Scarab Long Range Fighter (URL) Scarab is designed for extended periods in space without refueling and features a powerful quadirony engine and an (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space) !

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

(...) An interesting AND successful experiment! Using the roof pieces as a tapered mount looks great and compliments the smooth lines of the rest of the model. It has echoes of Paul Hartzog's Mako about it (and excellent thing)....the modular look (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

(...) Not to mention a triumph of expedient design and fanciful backstory! ;-) Nice work. Adieu Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 URLs) Misérable Building a safer South Pacifique (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

(...) Thanks Gil. I never realised how similar my MOC was to the Mako. isn't that interesting... The modular look was kinda necessary because of the nature of mounting the roof slopes the way I did, and because I needed to use those sand green (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

(...) Thanks Richie It's an excellent determination from the primary challenge but I feel that it is deserving in it's own right, the most sensical solution for the problem at hand. Leg Godt Travis Matheson (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

<snip!> Hey Trav! Sorry for the late reply but as you know I was quite anxious to see this new MOC from you. To me this represents a milestone in your building abilities. You have producted this MOC with a clean, well defined colour scheme, a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

(...) Which was the point of this entire exercise, I even used Dino tails! The forward section with the sensor array occurred when I realised that because I only had curves in one way (no inverse curves, are they even available?) and that I couldn't (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

A great idea. Very elegant front landing gear. For me, the organic roundness and chubby appearence makes it look like a spaceship from a alien race that evolved on a planet with a high density atmosphere. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

(...) organic is a look that really does come out with roundness. it is interesting with this MOC that it uses a lot of "roundness" in the front half, and a lot of sharp lines in the back, and yet, it still seems to fit. Leg Godt Travis Matheson (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

(...) This is a great design. I hadn't considered the roof pieces for a rear. they looked like heavy armor plating so I put them up front when I was trying to figure out how to use them on a model I called The KITE: (3 URLs) Keep those castle pieces (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes

Hey Pat, I really like the Kite. Would have been a perfect entry for last year's "useless parts" contest. I count 2 HP roofs, 16 Belville skis, a Bohrok canopy, some other Bionicle pieces, those octagonal column pieces, and this helicoptor blade (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)