 Local / Australia / 11540
Re: MOC: Scarab Fighter OR Harry Potter Roof Slopes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:52:54 GMT

<snip!>

Hey Trav!

Sorry for the late reply but as you know I was quite anxious to see this
new MOC
from you. To me this represents a milestone in your building abilities.
You have
producted this MOC with a clean, well defined colour scheme, a minimal studs
smoothness and wonderful use of some otherwise useless parts.

I find the forward section quite nice the way that the upper and lower panels
are seperated by the sensor array. You have done a nice job with the HP slopes
but did you ever consider doing the same thing as the forward on the rear
(seperating the two halves with some greebs)?

Keep up the great work, man! Us Aussies are really producing some great
stuff at
the moment!

And remember - all other themes are just spare parts for space!

Which was the point of this entire exercise, I even used Dino tails!

The forward section with the sensor array occurred when I realised that
because I only had curves in one way (no inverse curves, are they even
available?) and that I couldn't line them up flush.   But I am really happy
with the way it came out.

Initially I had the engine mount in two distinct halfs, left and right with
some geebs in the two stud gap in the middle.  It looked great, but it made
the engine section way too wide, so I had to lose that part.  Top and
Bottom was a consideration, but then it was too tall, instead of too wide.

I have to admit I was a little, taken back, by the way it turned out, I've
never built anything quite like this before. It is defiantly a step
forward.  At the moment I'm working on a ship based on the Santa Fe
set.  It's not quite the same direction as the Scarab was (so named because
it looks like a beetle) but it's something different.

And, before I forget

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Oi, Oi, Oi!

Leg Godt