 Local / Australia / 11322
  Re: Uploading pics at Brickshelf

(...) Your problems are here: '1.37mg size. The actual photo sizes are 800 x 600' and in this case (from just what you have said) you have done nothing wrong. Its normal too, 1.3meg should take about 5 mins on a normal non cable (broadband) internet (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Uploading pics at Brickshelf

(...) Yes, even as a JPG, a file can still be very large. In JPG, there are 3 significant parameters you need to control: * size (height/width) * dots per inch * compression Some programs are really stupid. If you tell them to reduce the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Uploading pics at Brickshelf

<SNIP> See previous post... Wow there's a free program for batch conversion! Now no one has an excuse not to reduce there file size to atlest a 100dpi image.. I use photoshop, but its alittle pointless telling people to use it (or using it as an (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Uploading pics at Brickshelf

(...) using it (...) I'd agree with this. I have access to Photoshop at work. I would not buy it for home as it costs heaps and frankly is a very difficult program to use -- the paradigm is not intuitive to me at least. Someone showed me how to do (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au)