 Local / Australia / 1131
Re: Soccer Lego sets are here! (Melbourne)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:51:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Popped by Melbourne (city) TRU itching to spend some of my pay packet, and
what do I see but Soccer sets being put on the shelves! I scanned a few
items for prices, unfortunately I was in a hurry and they hadn't unpacked
all of the sets yet. I grabbed anything that gave a good first impression.

3404, 3407 Soccer buses - $18
Okay value. Compares well to, say, Droid Fighter which is around the same
price at TRU. Comes with a variety of male minifig heads and three colours
of short minifig hair. Sadly the train windows don't have the train panes
(but most of you probably knew that). Still, it's a nice Town-ish set (with
NO chassis pieces! Yay!). I bought one red bus and one black bus.

Did they have the other buses ?

3402 Seats with Stadium Light- $9
Nine dollars seems like great value for a good number of largish pieces
(compare it  to, say 6463). Has 2x4 rounded NON-FLUORO trans-yellow
elements! When I built this I couldn't help but feel a wave of nostalgia,
because (apart from a bit of white) it has the Classic Space colour scheme
of grey, blue and trans-yellow. It also has a white 6x8 slope piece with NO
PRINTING which I'd wanted for some time. I was so impressed with the set I
bought four of it on the spot. I might even buy four more tomorrow.

Paul, are you building a replica of the Colonial Stadium ? ;^)

3409 Complete soccer oval - $115
I felt that this was a bit pricey for a load of limited-purpose green
pieces. Then again, I can see a use for all those white 2x6 steep slopes
already, so I'll probably end up buying one, definitely if I see one for 20%
or even 15% off. Obviously you can tell I'm not interested in playing the
game :-)

LegOz 2000.5 - here we go !

pete.w