 Local / Australia / 1126
1125  |  1127
Subject:
Soccer Lego sets are here! (Melbourne)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:19:17 GMT

Popped by Melbourne (city) TRU itching to spend some of my pay packet, and
what do I see but Soccer sets being put on the shelves! I scanned a few
items for prices, unfortunately I was in a hurry and they hadn't unpacked
all of the sets yet. I grabbed anything that gave a good first impression.

3404, 3407 Soccer buses - $18
Okay value. Compares well to, say, Droid Fighter which is around the same
price at TRU. Comes with a variety of male minifig heads and three colours
of short minifig hair. Sadly the train windows don't have the train panes
(but most of you probably knew that). Still, it's a nice Town-ish set (with
NO chassis pieces! Yay!). I bought one red bus and one black bus.

3402 Seats with Stadium Light- $9
Nine dollars seems like great value for a good number of largish pieces
(compare it  to, say 6463). Has 2x4 rounded NON-FLUORO trans-yellow
elements! When I built this I couldn't help but feel a wave of nostalgia,
because (apart from a bit of white) it has the Classic Space colour scheme
of grey, blue and trans-yellow. It also has a white 6x8 slope piece with NO
PRINTING which I'd wanted for some time. I was so impressed with the set I
bought four of it on the spot. I might even buy four more tomorrow.

3409 Complete soccer oval - $115
I felt that this was a bit pricey for a load of limited-purpose green
pieces. Then again, I can see a use for all those white 2x6 steep slopes
already, so I'll probably end up buying one, definitely if I see one for 20%
or even 15% off. Obviously you can tell I'm not interested in playing the
game :-)

3408 "Super Sport Coverage" - I don't remember exactly how much this one
was, around $50.
I didn't buy this. The piece selection in it didn't seem particularly good,
and although it's not really any less juniorised than the 3402, it
definitely LOOKS more juniorised.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164