 Local / Australia / 10953
10952  |  10954
Subject:
BricksMeet Tables (Re: BricksMeet (tm) 2003 Location confirmed)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 00:08:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
It is my pleasure to announce that we have a confirmed venue for
BricksMeet(tm) 2003.

The 3rd 4th or 5th (depending on how one counts) Australian national LEGO(r)
event will be held at the Hornsby Inn on the 8th of June 2003.

Hornsby Inn
Burdett St (Cnr Hunter Street)
Hornsby NSW

We will have the function room from 10am - 6pm. • <snip>

Good on you Richie.  These things are not easy to put together, and this
sounds fabulous.

One problem with the venue is the lack of large tables. The meeting room
tables are round, but I've arranged to swap many of them with sqare bistro
tables (c. 600mm square from memory).

I think we need some larger tables for Brikwars (at least), and potentially
for MOCs and for trains.

I have been trying to source trestle tables for no charge, but haven't come
up with anything.

So:

- How many tables do we need?
- Are we prepared to hire them? (The pub can arrange, but I don't know cost
- how much would we be prepared to pay?)
- Do people have tables that they could bring? (which is okay by the pub)
- Is someone prepared to remove the internal doors from their house and
bring them along to use as tabletops (using the round pub tables as trestles)?

I realise that some of the answers above depend on how many people are
coming, but if anyone has any rough answers, I'd be pleased to hear them.

Cheers

Richie
Venue Coordinator.