 Local / Australia / 10914
Re: Aussie Icons (Re: New MOC, HZ Ute, minifig scale)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:45:35 GMT

Good idea!

More aussie icons:
The UTE
Holdens
The Melbourne Cricket Ground
Aussie Rules Football
Peter Brock and his V8
Mount Panorama at Bathurst
Ned Kelly
The plane flown by Sir Charles Kingsford Smith
Also, some uniquly Australian brands/products might count as australian
icons, for example Vegimite.

and possibly australian entertainment legends, be they actors, singers,
bands, TV shows, movies etc. Examples of who/what might qualify:
Performers that are Australian though and through:
John Farnham
Jimmy Barnes
Slim Disty
Lee Kerneghan
John Williamson

Actors/Movie people/Movies that are Australian through and through:
Yahoo Serious
Young Einstien
Reckless Kelly
The Castle
The Dish
Crocodile Dundee

TV Shows that are Australian through and through:
A Country Practice
Hey Dad
Mcleods Daughters

Any more to add?