 Local / Australia / 10913
Re: Aussie Icons (Re: New MOC, HZ Ute, minifig scale)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:46:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Allister McLaren writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:

A couple of questions for .loc.au residents -

Should the 'Aussie Icons' list be above the 'Aussie Groups' list? (Or
perhaps the Aussie Groups just as one line to the Aussie Groups page?)

Seems fine as it is.

Should an Aussie Icon replace Uluru on the .loc.au sidebar?

Yes, unless, of course someone makes Uluru in Lego.

*That* is the ideal solution. I tried to do it as a mosaic using orange and
red ( 40x8, side on, or thereabouts, IIRC, but it really needs to be larger
to to it justice... and 3D would be ideal).

(I do have a minifig aborigine to stand in front of it for the photo, when
the time comes).

I tend to think
it should (and cycle through the various Aussie Icons on a regular or
irregular basis). The pics may have to be resized and copied to brickshelf
to make it work.

That's a good idea. What size would you like?

About the size and shape of Uluru (the pic, not the real thing).

Should .loc.au statistics feature prominently on the .loc.au sidebar? :-)

Of course. The people need to know.

Another idea: How about we generate a list of Aussie icons, so that if
anyone feels the desire to build one they merely need to consult the list
for an idea.

Good idea!

The hills hoist has already been mentioned, but off hand I can think of:
Victa Mower
Waltzing Matilda
Simpson and his donkey (A natural for Ben)
Tom Kruise's truck
The Don
The Opera House (though I think Kerry was doing that) :-)
A Boomerang (bonus points if it works)
Australia II
The Tasman Bridge
Thorpie
A flying doctor plane
Various tall ships (Endeavour, Investigator, Sirius, Supply*)
3801
Phar Lap
Great Barrier Reef (in case you were wondering what to do with all those
BURPS...)
Black Mountain Tower
A Melbourne Tram

Post your suggestions... I'll put them on a LUGNET page.

Cheers

Richie
*I may have that one under control :-)