 Local / Australia / 1088
  Importing LEGO

While reading this mornings Herald-Sun [melbourne newspaper], I saw an artical about 'beating the GST' with regards to internet purchases...Apparently Customs don't charge import duties when the total for duties and taxes is less than $50. The (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Importing LEGO

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes: ... (...) Well, this is not wholly correct. Customs assess duty on everything, but they do not bother to collect if the duty is less than $50. Yes, I know it's almost the same thing but I was told by (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Importing LEGO

(...) quoted (...) buy (...) ). (...) a (...) What about 'used' or 'second-hand' Lego (another kettle of.....) A lot of volume can be saved if you discard boxes and superfluous things too. pete.w (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Importing LEGO

(...) Customs have told me they use whatever is on the 'customs declaration' label attached to all international packages, with reference to the description. If things look funny (i.e. the description says "toys", the box is as big as a bar fridge (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)