 Local / Australia / 10645
MOC: Articualted Power Exosuit.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:15:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

This is my first go at a mech of any size. I've done a couple of small ones
to 'get the feel' and have been learning a lot from the masters in .mecha.

This mech is designed as a general purpose machine useful in any situation
from construction to logging, to cargo handling to military activities. It
isn't shown with any waepons here, but there is a mounting point on the top
for attaching a variety of hardware.

Please excuse the poor photos, but I was over keen to get some photos up and
my el cheapo camera is the quickest option. I'll get the SLR onto it this
weekend and some clearer pics will be posted in the not too distant future.

Anyway, please let me know what you think. I'm particulary happy with the
hands (actually, I built them months ago and this seemed the perfect place
to install them). It's capable of some fairly natural poses, although I wish
the joints were a bit stiffer.

Cheers,
Allister

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/Mecha/relaxin.jpg