 Local / Australia / 10310
10309  |  10311
Subject:
BUGS meeting this weekend.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:20:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

Well, we normally go most of the afternoon, because it takes considerable time
to do the S@H order as the WWW can be very slow, we all have trouble on
deciding what we want, and then we have the Bistro Maths problem of getting the
total of the individual orders to add up to the total that S@H claims for the
joint order (Ken our resident accountant and spreadsheet expert being essential
to this task). So if we use your place and have to finish earlier, then we will
all have to agree to start earlier than normal or else the order will not get
done (heaven forbid!).

Well, there's nothing hard and fast about that, and once everyone's there I
won't be forcibly removing anyone ;^) I say let's see how we go, and if it
comes to it I can bear my wife's ire (it wouldn't be the first time :)

Also, I was thinking of signing up for broadband, maybe this is as good a
reason as any to do it this week ;^)

Re: lunch. It is the host's choice. Some people provide lunch, others ask for
people to "bring a plate" or chip in a few dollars each for pizza. Obviously
everyone's circumstances are different and it does not seem fair to expect that
everyone is able to provide lunch for what might be a very large group of
people.

There's an OUTSTANDING local pizzaria in Wynnum, so that's where my vote
goes. It'll probably be about $5-8/person. I'll put on snacks and drinks.

If we do have it at my place, how does Sunday the 8th sound?

Sounds good to me. Indeed, it's next weekend (gosh -- time flies). If people
are wanting to S@H pre-Christmas, then I don't think we can leave it any later
than this. Even so, I think for guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery, we would
need to use Express Shipping as the times published for Regular Shipping would
not guarantee pre-Christmas delivery.

This weekend it is then. Anyone else have a perticular objection to this?
Bear in mind that the following weekend won't be possible, so for
pre-Christmas S@H orders, it's now or never.

How many modules are we going to have?

I have a grand total of one moonbase module to bring. Note for the host, table
space is always needed to accommodate all the things people bring. In addition
to my moonbase, I have a few other things to bring along:

* Red Baron
* new Harry Potter sets
* new MOC of 420 Queen St facade (or my redevelopment of same!) -- 98 studs
wide

Cripes! I'd better get that extension built then :^)

One way or another, we'll find enough layout space.

If I have built my Imperial Stot Despoja, I will bring it along too, but next
week is looking quite busy, so time might not permit.

I hope you can, I'd really like to see it. But failing a built model, can
you at least bring the box?

So, is it on then? How does a 10 am start sound? Email me at
mailto:amclaren@bechtel.com for location details.

Cheers,
Allister