 Local / Australia / 10289
10288  |  10290
Subject:
OFFICIALLY de-lurking "the Bluntman" :) (WAS Re: New Bionicle Nuva make retail in aus at last)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:35:55 GMT

loc.au welcomes all de-lurkers! Welcome in from the cold! Even if you are a
Bionicle liker :-)

:-P

You realise now you have to tell us all about yourself; maybe even do it in
roll call format:

okay, here goes....

Name: Nate Burr - Bluntman (occasionally Bluntman3000) by net-tag
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: *asks girlfriend* ... *decides answer is
unrepeatable* erm... mental age varies, status of inner child: the phrase
"we are controlling transmission" comes to mind.
Location: Hobart
E-mail Address: Different_wingsREMOVESPAMBLOCKER@yahoo.com
Marital Status: not maried, but living "in sin" for about three and a half
years
Children: nope, I might have to share my lego then ;)
Occupation: salesperson, electronics retail
On Lugnet Since: lurking for approx 9 months previous to this post
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: no clue, best estimate "LOTS"
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: a few of each of the maccas bionicle line
- for collectabilitys sake - also purchased a few of each that were opened.
# of LEGO Pieces: I recon I could fill to the brim approx six "big blue tubs"
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: never:'(
# of LEGO fests atteneded: *feels the crushing pain of peing spereated from
the mainland of aus by bass-straight+ = none
First LEGO Set: to far back to remember
LEGO Dark Age: from about 14 to 23 (meantime my old collection got donated
to my cousin - had to start from scratch again)
First Set after Dark Age: the Bionicle toa range, (never had a "cool action
figure dark age ;) hence, WHY I like the boinicle range)
Favorite Theme(s): completely eclectic - what ever catches my eye. I guess
I own more starwars than anything else though
Favorite Set(s): *shrug* too hard
Favourite Own Creation: my "Blunt-fig" custom minifig
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): *srug* too hard again.
Set/theme you would like to see: more limited licence movie tie-ins, ah-la
spiderman studios sets.
Current LEGO Project: building the UCS X-wing (58% off at k-mart - got two,
one for parts :D )
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: my rapidly spreading fame as a lego-film director
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  love "tech-toys" (example - I have a
collection of 7 digital cams/webcams - a custom modded computer case, etc)

A "brickfilmer" since Feburary 2002, and an active poster at brickfilms.com,
in the short time I've been around since coming out of my "dark-age" I've
obtained quite a rep as a lego-movie-maker, and won awards for it too.
find out more about me at my mini-bio page here
http://www.geocities.com/different_wings/directorschair.htm

On to other stuff... I've never had a problem photographing things in
stores, but then I'm always discreet anyway AND with a cam THIS SIZE...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bluntman3000/spycam/les4.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bluntman3000/spycam/les3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bluntman3000/spycam/les1.jpg
it's easy to be discreet. :)