 Local / Australia / 10106
Re: More BigW madness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:27:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Travis Matheson writes:
<set:6775> Was 30ish now 19.95
Two cyberslamy launcher thingys
8x8 round plate
Gearbox for mounting AA guns
Lots of chunky wheels
Some uniforms for your Brikwars armies
and other useful peices.

These are really good pieces, but not worth the usual $60 that is asked.
Last year I managed to pick up two of them for $13 dollars each.  They were
on the shelf for $25 so i went to the instore scanner to double check.  it
scanned at $13.  I was very happy about that price.

but 19.95 is a rally fair price for this set

Top marks James.  The shelf still said $30 odd, but sure enough, the scanner
reads $19.84.  I bought three :-)  There are still plenty (6+) at Big W
Macarthur centre.  If you've never bought a set for parts before in your
life, buy this one now.

HES Sirius might get a defensive weapons upgrade ;-)

In other news I note that SW EpII DVD is in stores today (IN2Music) - Mmmmm
Gunships.

In other other news, after some goading I have taken a stab at microfig
starship design.  A wholly unsatisfying experience I have to say, but
perhaps I am doing it wrong.  I hope to post some pics of my brand spanking
new, from-nothing-to-launched-in-4-hours battlecruiser tomorrow...

Richard
Still baldly going...
Remember HES Sirius, still padding about the Spraw Sector
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/017.htm