 Local / Australia / 10107
Re: More BigW madness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:17:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In other other news, after some goading I have taken a stab at microfig
starship design.  A wholly unsatisfying experience I have to say, but
perhaps I am doing it wrong.  I hope to post some pics of my brand spanking
new, from-nothing-to-launched-in-4-hours battlecruiser tomorrow...

How about a major BRIKWARS battle...using micro-fig scale models? Could make
for an interesting weekend/interstate battle [or multi-gathering]:

first day: space, microfig:- send in the microfig shipson a near empty field
[chuck some bricks in as planets, etc. and if there's any-one so-minded,
they can add asteroids, comets, etc...and if they REALLY want, they can add
suns and black-holes with appropriate gravity] then when this battle has
whittled down the forces, they can land on a planet (or when a player is
nearly wiped out near a planet, they can be forced to land there)

second day/battle: land offensive, minifig:- this battle can be handled
either on a usual style battle, or combatants can be limited to what-ever
logical amount of cargo/troops/equipement they could be expected to have
remaining intact/damaged under their control after the previous battle [eg.
if they ended with a one-man fighter, they can't be expected to field a 500
figure army on the surface] (of course, this could mean that the microfig
battle would include transports, troop carriers and esorts instead of the
usual 100% combat vehicles).

Another option if there were multiple combatants would be for some to land
on seperate planets, resulting in multiple land-offensive battles, possible
with players working on 2 seperate fields of combat. [though you'd need a
reasonable amount of space to handle this.]

[Of course, all ships for the first day would have to have an agreed
indication of what cargo capacity they have [vehicle/troop space in studs,
facilities like repair bays/medic centres if wanted on the surface.]]

Anyway, just a thought...

Benjamin Whytcross