 Local / Australia / 10095
Re: Short Changed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:00:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Brad Linsley writes:
If I remember correctly, 1188 is the number you get when you add up the
Peeron Inventory. I guess LEGO figured that the number of people willing to
count the pieces and bother to ring up and complain about 12 pieces would be
low enough to warrant the advertising the set as 1200 piece. I just don't
know why they didn't put 12 more pieces in it.

Maybe they want you to count the tub and lid in the tally, that would get it
up to 1190. Then how many plastic bags are there ?

Speaking of complaining to LEGO, I have to ring them about faulty 8466 tyres
and dull gloss castle walls.

Have Lego started using a low-fat version of ABS for some elements? Those
silvery bricks in the Santa-Fe add-ons look very MegaBlokean.
Then there are the translucent maroon elements on different SW sets.
Someone else mentioned castle walls to me not being what they used to be in
the re-issued sets.

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons writes:
I was just on the phone tonight to a private seller in Brisbane and she told
me she just purchased a "Blue Tub" to finish off some kits for sale and she
counted all the pieces and only got 1188 pieces.

pete.w (awaiting the first 100% cardboard element set)