 Local / Österreich / 42
Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.gr
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:13:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.eu, Wessel Burgers writes:
After the introduction of the new European currency three days ago, I was
very curious about what would happen to S@H's prices in the euro-zone. What
now follows are my findings (which are by no means scientific - it just
illustrates how weird their current pricing policy is)

(snip comparison)

(Your curiosity saved me the trouble of investigating myself, so I thank you
for that)

To me this comes across as really strange. It is almost as though someone at
LD is making up these prices at random. I'd like your thoughts on this. But
above all I hope LD is reading this and start scratching behind their ears
and does something about it so that everyone gets the same amount of Lego
for their Euros!

Hmmm...
I had noticed previously some differences in prices, which I attributed to
different transportation costs. I never realized such differences were
chaotic. You are absolutely right, LEGO must take actions to ensure at least
more coherent prices.

On the side, I'd like to see something else: S@H throughout Europe. The
currency is the same, and they ship from their headquarters, so why not? I
mean, it is not as if the had to implement a hotline or so, all the
structure is already there; the only new thing would be a couple of
postcodes for the Billund Post Office to handle...

Pedro

(BTW, I noticed you posted in Eurozone S@H destinations. I also X-posted to
other Eurozone countries; who knows, maybe we can show some unity on this :-)