 LEGOLAND / Windsor / 72
Re: Bargains at LLW, was: Re: URGENT: Simon Bennett or Gael: Fireworks and Fantasy show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.legoland.windsor
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:18:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
Can you confirm there are definitely fireworks tomorrow, 2nd, advertised • on
a Tesco receipt?

I went today, there were fireworks and the place was heavin'! Even at 10:30
this morning there were massive queues to get in. I have not seen it that
busy, even in the summer.

There were a few bargains to be had, and to shift them, a tent had been
erected outside the main entrance with all the 'sale' items in it. Here's
what I remember:

Droideka £20

Do you mean the DDK?

Technic Stormtrooper £10

Is this not a little disingenuous of Lego? Selling it for £140 at lego.com
but for £57 at LLW?

Have I been ripped of paying £60 for my one?  :)

Scott A

UCS X-Wing £57
Mickey Mouse bucket £13
Snow Speeder £8-is

In the Big Shop quite a lot of old Star Wars was reduced. There was NO Harry
Potter except 2 of the girly sets.

On the way out, there was a large box of Binnacle masks being handed out.
They were all the same -- a transparent fluorescent green version of the one
the big green guy wears. No idea if it's rare or not...

Huw