 LEGOLAND / California / 425
Re: THIS JUST IN ...(LLCA shoping)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:31:05 GMT

In the olden days (2 years ago) there was a "Model Shop" near Miniland that
had a wide variety of loose bulk bricks for sale, but I havn't seen it
opened since (please tell me if it's open when you're there).  You also used
to be able to find a few sets from 3-4 years back with a deep discount
attached--it was nice to pick up a $6 set for a buck to send the kids into
bonus-land.  Hope those days return soon.

I have folks living in Carlsbad, and visit often, and the bulk brick by the
Model shop has never been opened. I have been to the park even during the
major Christmas holidays and no Shop. When buying my Primo pass this last
year and also talking with the retail manager, I was told that the shop
hasn't been open for over a year. There were various reasons, but mainly the
2 that caught my attention was the fact that it was too difficult to keep
people shopping in a fast manner, and time consuming, and the other was too
difficult to keep stocked and a good selection.
Make sense with summer help, who in the past sold parts stock that the model
builders were using to upkeep the park displays.

There is some interesting news from the bulk brick sales at the clubhouse
however... ;)