 Marketplace / Shopping / 9675
Re: THIS JUST IN ...(LLCA shoping)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 02:10:58 GMT

Snip>
If any one has been to LLCA, please let me know which store is the best to
go to.

Larry

I just went last Friday (7/12).  There aren't really too many stores, and if
you are spending a whole day there, it is really not to difficult to case
them all.  "The Big Shop" is best for bricks, however on occasion one of the
smaller shops might have a discontinued item that is not present elsewhere
(exception rather than rule, but you might find a bargain).  In the past
I've found some small, discontinued Castle and Ninja sets on Castle Hill,
and the same goes for Adventurers in Brick Bro's.  In days of yore they
would have some discontinued and deeply discounted sets in kiosks here and
there.  Unfortunately I didn't see much in the way of discounts last week,
(or the week/month before--we have passes) but it only takes a day for
inventory to change.

What did catch my eye was (all at The Big Shop & all at S@H prices):

TRAIN--various pieces of rolling stock from the My Own Train line (didn't
see any engines-MOT or S.Chief), curved track pack (I've gotten straights
there before but didn't see any last week), 9v motors/speed regulators,
Metroliners/Club Cars (don't know if you can get the 'kit' discount), and
4565 sets.

CASTLE--Guarded In's and Blacksmith Shops (new addition to the store), I
think I also saw some Axe Carts (at a mild discount).

SCULPTURE--Sopwith's and Red Barrons (don't know if kit discount applies),
Darth Maul, Statue of Liberty.

TECHNIC--8445 Indy Storms (Can't believe I havn't got one while they're left).

ROCK RAIDERS--I think they had a couple of 4980 Tunnel Transports left at a
mild discount.

The Big Shop also has pretty much the complete line of current regular
retail sets, key chains, pens, etc.

Lastly, some of the shops specialize a little--Brick Bro's has Golf Stuff
and coffe mugs, Castle Hill has HP and, you guessed it, caslte merchandise,
and so on.  The Maniac Club House had a limited amount of miscelaneous loose
bulk bricks.

In the olden days (2 years ago) there was a "Model Shop" near Miniland that
had a wide variety of loose bulk bricks for sale, but I havn't seen it
opened since (please tell me if it's open when you're there).  You also used
to be able to find a few sets from 3-4 years back with a deep discount
attached--it was nice to pick up a $6 set for a buck to send the kids into
bonus-land.  Hope those days return soon.

More than you wanted to know, hunh?
--Mike